KAKAMEGA – KENYA
Ps John McCaskie and Hope Church have been associated with Ps John Odinga and the Daisy Centre since 2005. They first met at a Hillsong Conference and have since formed a close bond. Ps. John McCaskie returns to Kakamega frequently to speak at their conference.
Kakamega is a lush green fertile rural area and is situated west of Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi, about a days drive away. Kakamega has supermarkets, shops and an industrial area where most items can be purchased. The climate is hot, but not humid, due to the elevation which is approximately 5000ft above sea level.
Kakamega is a large rural town where farming and fishing are the main form of work. Most people grow crops of Maize and other vegetables for their livelihood to sell at market stalls, in the town or by the roadside. Kakamega Forest is the main tourist attraction in the area, which attracts visitors from far and wide.
The Daisy Centre is situated close to town, about 5 minutes on foot.
There are three major life threatening diseases in Kenya and they are: HIV, Malaria and TB.
We have the opportunity to make a difference. We hope you will join us in this venture.
PRINCESS TAMARA SHANIA
DELSY ROSE KANENJE
DAWIN NAMAI – 2030 – Needs New Sponsor – Jan 2020
RASHID WANZALA NGURUWE
PURITY MAREBA OSIMBO
DELSY ROSE KANENJE
ABBY OMULO – 2029
Festo Liluma – 2013
CHRISTABEL MUHATI –
LUCKY WAMBONGO – WALEKHWA
SUKAINA WILUNDA – 2010
- Casper’s mother died in 2007 leaving Casper in care of the father who is mentally challenged.
- Casper and the father are in the care of his grandparents who are very elderly and of poor health.
- The family has no source of income.
- Casper needs to be in a special school.
- Velanta lives in a family of 6 members.
- Their house is made of mud walls and very old iron sheets.
- The father has separated.
- They live in their uncle’s home.
- Velanta’s mother depends on casual work which is not constant.
- She has no promising source of income.
- Valenta needs to be in a special school because she is mentally challenged.
- Joseph lives in a family of 10 members.
- Their house is grass thatched and mud walls.
- The family live in extreme poverty and has no source of income.
- Joseph needs to be in a special school because he is mentally challenged
- Hudin lives with his mother in a 1 roomed house.
- The house is grass roofed thatched and mud walls.
- The father abandoned them because of Hudin’s mental disability.
- His mother is not able to support Hudin because she has no source of income.
- Hudin needs to be in a special school because he is mentally challenged
- Cecil lives in a family of 7 members in a small house made of a grass roof and mud walled.
- Their father abandoned them after he failed to meet their needs.
- They live in extreme poverty and have no source of income.
- They depend on casual work which is not constant.
- Cecil needs to be in a special institution because he is mentally handicapped.
JAIRUS SAMUEL MBOYA
- Kona has a twin brother who is not physically handicapped.
- His mother is single and has no source of income.
- Humprey needs to attend a special school.
- Arnold is three years old in the photo.
- He and his twin sibling were born prematurely and the other twin died as they were born with heart problems.
- He cannot walk nor stand.
- Arnold needs medical attention constantly.
- He needs assistance with medication education and other basic needs
HILLARY MURUNGA – Come of Age- Nov’18
JOSEPHAT ASWANI NANDWA
LUCY YVONNE –
CYNTHIA AYIEKO KIRATO
VALARY WETINDI OMUSULA
SHARON MUSHEWELE –
ISAAC CLEAN KAMASI – Come of Age Nov’18
PURITY KAHASUNGU –
BRAXIDES MEJA OMULA –
ERIC SAMOY SAWANGA
Alphonce Makanga – Comes of Age Nov’18
- Alphonce is the second born child in a family of seven.
- He lives with his father since his mother passed on.
- He is physically handicapped.
- He suffers from a condition known as spinal bifida which has caused him paralysis of the lower limbs.
- He is able to feed himself but he can only move aided by a wheelchair.
- He is currently in class one at Daisy Special School.